IVY portfolio end of December signals

Time for the final IVY portfolio trading signals for 2012.

As usual you can see the signals at world beta or my preferred source dshort. Below are the signals for the end of December 2012.

IVY Dec 2012 signals

No new signals were triggered this month. The portfolio is fully invested just like it was last month. I’m still waiting for the dhsort performance update. I will post seperately on the overall IVY timing 2012 performance once all the data is available.

For previous posts on the IVY timing model and its performance see here and here.

Full Disclaimer - Nothing on this site should ever be considered advice, research or the invitation to buy or sell securities. These are my personal opinions only.

This entry was posted in Portfolio, TAA Investing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to IVY portfolio end of December signals

1. alaw35j says:

do you use a regular IRA or a regular account for these? thanks.

• libertatemamo says:

I uses the strategy in my IRAs, because they’re more tax efficient. But I wouldn’t let the account type keep me from implementing this strategy.

2. alaw35 says:

I would like to implement this strategy in my ira or regular account whichever is better to use. Seems to me to be an ira but maybe I just don’t understand. Also, today as an example, everything is ubut for IEF. when do you buy? Seems like today is a bit of euphoria over the fiscal cliff and will quickly fade. Or do you just go buy and ignore timing of purchase. Thanks again.

• libertatemamo says:

IRA is more tax efficient. With this strategy you only make buy/sell decisions once a month, at the end of the month. The rest of the time you ignore the market, or at least don’t make any decisions based on what’s going on.

3. Kevin Daly says:

I noticed yesterday on the World Beta web site that the charts for the ETFs in the Ivy Portfolio are not active. They posted daily closing prices along withe the SMA right up until 12/28. What’s happened? Is World Beta no longer posting this information?

4. kj says:

Does anyone have a chart showing the annual returns through 2012 using the timing model?

5. kj says:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. I just stumbled across your blog today. I’ve been interested in implementing the IVY timing model and have enjoyed reading through your other posts. What do you think about the timing model as an investment approach prior to retirement?

• libertatemamo says:

Kj, I think IVY timing is a great wealth building strategy. As one of the charts in my latest post shows, it builds more wealth than the other strategies I discussed. I think it would work great as a primary strategy but I would use others in addition, like the permanent portfolio, and/or a 60/40 approach with maybe a value and small cap tilt.

Comments are closed.